Cider, Thyme + Tonic Mocktail
Cider, Thyme + Tonic Mocktail – Yields 4 mocktails
- 12 ounces apple cider
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 ounces thyme simple syrup (recipe below)
- 1 bottle (9.3 ounces) Fentimans Tonic Water
- Additional thyme and lemon slices for garnish
- Add all ingredients except tonic water to a pitcher and stir until fully incorporated.
- Add ice to four glasses, filling each about halfway. Divide the cider mixture evenly among the glasses.
- Top with tonic water. Stir gently. Garnish with a sprig of thyme and enjoy!
*For this particular mocktail, I think Fentimans tastes best, but feel free to experiment with our other tonics. You can also use sparkling water instead, but you’ll lose the unique flavor you can only get with tonic.
Thyme Simple Syrup
Yields about 5-6 ounces
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup water
2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme
1. Add all ingredients to a small saucepan. Turn heat to low and stir until sugar dissolves.
2. Simmer an additional 5 minutes, or until syrup coats the back of a spoon. (While simmering, watch carefully so it doesn’t boil over or burn.) It will thicken a bit more when cooled.
3. Remove from heat. Take out the thyme sprigs and allow syrup to cool completely before using. Store leftover syrup in a jar in the fridge for up to 2-3 weeks.