Cola Soda Tasting Results
This past Monday February 10th and Tuesday February 11th we held another of our monthly Soda Tasting Event featuring 10 different Cola’s from across the Nation as well as from across the pond. We sold tickets via our website for the event, which gave customers the opportunity to try 10 of our most popular Cola’s we have to offer here at Antiqology.
The attendee’s had the opportunity to learn about the history of Cola in general, as well as a brief history on each of the 10 different sodas that we tried that night. We also talked about why cola’s have been so popular in the United States and why they are the #1 selling flavor in the nation. The feedback from the event has been nothing but positive.
We sampled 10 of our most popular Cola’s that we have available in the shop, and asked our attendee’s to rate them on a scale of 1 to 5. With 10 people each night, for a total of 20 people rating them, each soda had a potential of 100 points. Here are the results;
- Red Rock Cola (Atlanta, GA) – 83 points
- Coca-Cola (Cane Sugar – “Mexi-Coke”) (Atlanta, GA) – 82 points
- Pepsi-Cola (Cane Sugar) (Somers, NY) – 71 points
- Sprecher Puma Kola (Glendale, WI) – 67 points
- Double Cola (Chattanooga, TN) – 60 points
- Fentiman’s Curiosity Cola (Northumberland, UK) – 51 points
- Boylan’s Cane Cola (Teterboro, NJ) – 51 points
- Nichol Kola (Mukilteo, WA) – 50 points
- Virgil’s Real Cola (Los Angeles, CA) – 49 points
- Moxie (Mukilteo, WA) – 40 points
We should note that Fentiman’s Curiosity Cola and Boylan’s Cane Cola tied for 6th place. Like with all our soda-tasting events our customer’s really enjoyed it. If you have never attended one we’d really recommend giving it a try!
We will be holding a Orange “Pop” and Orange “Cream” tasting in March featuring 10 different unique flavors as well. Tickets are available at http://antiqology.com/events/soda-tasting-event-orange